Important Notice : Corrigendum to the list of shortlisted applicants for the interviews for the post of Executive Trainee through GATE-2015 notified on 25th June, 2015 has been uploaded on the BBNL website. Please visit http://bbnl.nic.in/content/page/vacancies.php for the revised list.
List of the 3019 Active Gram Panchayats as on 24.08.2015 under NOFN has been uploaded on BBNL website. The list can be seen by clicking the link 'Active GPs' on the home page of www.bbnl.nic.in.
BBNL has embarked upon pilot projects in three blocks covering 58 Gram Panchayats in three different states. These blocks are Arian in Ajmer district (Rajasthan), Parvada in Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) and Panisagar in North Tripura district (Tripura).
The objectives of conducting a pilot project are as follows:
- The learning on technology choice and network architecture.
- Experiences gained in addressing ground realities in rural domain.
- NOFN NOC (Network Operation Center) related issues being developed by C-DoT- its integration and its testing at pilot locations.
- Experience gained by participation of TSPs, ISPs and application providers in utilizing bandwidth created by NOFN with respect to deliverables committed by BBNL.
- Synergisation by DIT/DoT to work together for pilots and plan the template for pilot testing of G2C services.
- Integration of NOFN pilots with existing networks from Blocks upwards. Also address the interfacing of NOFN with access operators at GPs.
- Synthesis of learning from the pilots and cross learning amongst 3- CPSUs in execution strategy.